About the Department

The Collection Department collects and accounts for approximately $905 million in tax revenues for more than 70 taxing jurisdictions, such as cities, school districts, etc., located within Jackson County. Depending on the time of year, our staff assists more than 36,000 taxpayers monthly.

Looking to use Jackson County property data for research instead of paying a tax bill?

Try utilizing Jackson County’s Ascend Web application from a Google Chrome internet browser: Ascend Web..

Senior Quad Payment Program

Jackson County offers Senior Citizens a "Quad Payment Program" to spread their County real estate tax bills over 4 payments. Visit the program page to learn more about this option for seniors.

Delinquent Tax Unit

The Delinquent Tax Unit pursues collection of property taxes on approximately 50,000 delinquent accounts, prepares the annual delinquent tax suit and coordinates the subsequent sale.

Cash Receipts Unit

The Cash Receipts Unit collects, deposits, and records all County revenue.  

More Questions

  • For individual personal property tax questions call (816) 881-1330.
  • For business personal property tax questions call (816) 881-4672.
  • For real property tax questions call (816) 881-3530.
  • For general tax questions, call (816) 881-3232.
  • For questions related to a pending BOE appeal, call (816) 881-3309.

Telephones are staffed during normal business hours.