FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

This page is devoted to answering some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you do not find the answer to your question, please email us.
Where do I apply for a marriage license?
Jackson County has 2 locations where you may apply for a marriage license:
Jackson County Courthouse
Recorder of Deeds Department
415 East 12th Street
Room 104
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Phone: 816-881-1576

Historic Truman Courthouse
112 W Lexington
Suite 30
Independence, Missouri 64050
Phone: 816-881-4608

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to get married?
2. Where do I apply for a marriage license?
3. How do I apply for a marriage license?
4. What information is required to obtain a marriage license?
5. How much does a marriage license cost?
6. Is a blood test required for a marriage license?
7. After I apply for the marriage license, how soon can I get married?
8. Can someone at the Recorder of Deeds perform my marriage?
9. Who can perform a wedding ceremony?
10. Is there any special information I need if I am getting married after being divorced?