FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

This page is devoted to answering some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you do not find the answer to your question, please email us.
How do I make my quad installment payments?

Cash, Personal check, cashier's check, bank draft, money order, are accepted at the Collections Department Offices and by mail (except cash). Please do not send cash through the mail. One check may be written for multiple bills of personal property and real estate, if the total of the bills are added correctly. Mailed payments must be postmarked by the United States Postal Service no later than December 31. Payments postmarked after that date will be assessed interest and penalties.

Notice: The Jackson County Courthouse and the Historic Truman Courthouse are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by Jackson County.

On December 31, a drop box for property tax payments will be located at the west door of the Jackson County Courthouse in Kansas City (415 E 12th Street) and at the front door of the Truman Courthouse in Independence (112 W Lexington Ave). Both drop boxes will close at midnight. Do not place cash in either drop box. To review your account or print your Official Paid Tax Receipt, visit the Tax Payment page.

You can also pay your quad installment payments through Jackson County's online system here.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Senior Citizen Quad Payment Program?
2. How do I qualify for the Senior Citizen Quad Payment Program?
3. How do I sign up?
4. Will I still receive a tax bill?
5. How do I make my quad installment payments?
6. What happens if I miss or am late with my payment?
7. What is the Senior Citizen Property Tax Credit?
8. Who is eligible for the State of Missouri Property Tax Credit?