Marriage Licenses

  1. County Offices Closed Monday, Jan. 20, 2020

    All county offices, including the courthouses in Kansas City and Independence, will be closed Monday, Jan. 20 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Prior to any marriage within the State of Missouri a "Marriage License" must be first obtained from the Jackson County Recorder of Deeds Department (or any other Recorder/Clerk’s offices located within the State of Missouri). Once issued a couple can contact any minister or judge (as defined by Missouri law) to perform the wedding ceremony. This section contains a summary of information relating to obtaining a Marriage License.