Take A Closer Look
Check On Possible Code Violations
Before Purchasing A Property

House Under A Magnifying Glass

Don't be caught by surprise buying a house only to then discover it has an existing code violation that must be corrected, possibly before the property can be occupied.

While responsible for enforcing code violations only in the unincorporated areas of the county, Jackson County urges everyone considering the purchase of any property to make a fully informed decision. Before you buy, check with the local city government -- or, if in an unincorporated area, Jackson County -- to learn whether or not a property has any pending code violations and, if so, what the nature of those violations are.

For information about property code violations in unincorporated Jackson County, contact the Environmental Health Division of the Public Works Department at (816) 881-4634.

Performing a title search will not always result in sufficient information about possible code violations. Instead, contact the city officials where the property is located to inquire about any outstanding code violations, including whether or not the property has been marked as uninhabitable.

The City of Kansas City, Missouri does provide this "Find the Status of a Property or Nuisance Violation" online search tool.

Contacts for other cities regarding a property's codes-violation status include:

Blue Springs Codes Administration (816) 220-4565
City of Buckner (816) 650-3191
City of Grain Valley (816) 847-6220 
Grandview Neighborhood Services Division (816) 316-4817 
City of Greenwood (816) 537-6969 
Independence Code Compliance Division (816) 325-7193
Lee's Summit Neighborhood Services Division (816) 969-1200 
City of Oak Grove (816) 690-3773 
City of Pleasant Hill (816) 540-3135
Raytown Community Development Department (816) 737-6014 
Sugar Creek Building Department (816) 252-4400



Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us | © 2015 Jackson County, Missouri

Translate this page: